Third case of Coronavirus confirmed in Muskegon
A third case of the Coronavirus has been confirmed in Muskegon in as many days
Muskegon County officials say it’s the third presumptive positive case for the coronavirus disease after the Health Department announced the first two Monday. While, the first two both involved women, Muskegon health officials say the third case is a male child with no history of travel, but other than that, the county is not releasing the details including the boy’s age or his physical condition.
Muskegon County Health Officer Kathy Moore told media outlets Monday it was never a matter of if, but when the coronavirus would make its way to the lakeshore.
“The Muskegon community, including Public Health, had been anticipating and expecting the confirmation of the novel coronavirus, COVI-19 in the community,” Moore said. “The patient is an adult female, she is isolated at home, Public Health is continuing to investigate close contacts, they will be assessed for symptoms and monitored accordingly.”
Muskegon officials are urging everyone to follow Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s Stay-at-home order and shelter in place to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. With 48 pending cases in Muskegon alone, the 3rd confirmed case is presumably just the beginning.